Top 10 Things To Do Within 2 Hours
The Bastion - Every day at noon from mid-May through Labour Day you'll hear the sound of bagpipes and the blast of the cannon at the Bastion.
- Nanaimo Museum - The new expanded exhibit gallery portrays the unique aspects of Nanaimo's location, nature and character featuring unique citizens, First Nations, a coal tunnel replica, and the mining, industrial and social development of the community.
- The Art Gallery – Attracting art lovers and artists alike, the Nanaimo art scene has undergone a revolution.
- Pipers Lagoon Park - is the best, most exotic oceanside park in Nanaimo (aside from Newcastle Island)
- Outdoor markets - Sample delicious prepared foods from a variety of vendors, products and services for the mind, body and spirit.
- Nanaimo Bar Trail - Taste the chocolatey decadence of our famous sweet treat at some of the 34 stops stretching from Lantzville to Yellow Point.
- The Dinghy Dock - is Canada's only registered floating pub. This unique venue enjoys a vast variety of wildlife, sea life and the most amazing views.
- Newcastle Island - Spend an afternoon exploring beaches, hiking trails or viewing wildlife in this marine provincial park.
- Maffeo Sutton Park - A prime viewing area for free summer concerts in the bandshell.
- Shopping - Downtown Nanaimo features three distinct shopping districts: The Arts District in the city core, the Old City Quarter up the hill, and the Waterfront District along the Harbourfront Walkway, each offering distinctive shops and services.